The Foundations That Sustain America
LIMITED EDITION. This volume is covered in genuine leather, gilded edged paper, artistically ribbed bound. Equipped with ribbon bookmark with beautiful moiré flyleaf. All slips into a gold etched presentation box.
298 in stock
What an honor to complete our third book, The Foundations That Sustain America. During the authorship of this book, our desire was to do more than read and research; it was to listen to those architects of early America who laid her sure foundations upon the Stone, the tried Stone, that precious Corner Stone. These architects offered a personal sacrifice physically, spiritually, and financially speaking loudly by it as illustrated in Hebrews 11:4d, “he being dead yet speaketh.”
Our hopeful prayer is every person who picks up this book will do more than just read it; he or she will instead:
- Sit in the humble cottage of Wycliffe and watch as he and his proteges, paying meticulous attention to each and every detail, copy God’s Word.
- Look over the shoulder of Johannes Gutenberg as he peers at the first page of the Bible from his printing press and watch with wonder as the common man reads his personal copy of the Holy Bible for the first time in his life.
- Sail with Columbus, smelling the salted air, and look as this great explorer’s face, furling with concern, is changed into unspeakable joy when the words “Land Ho!” are shouted from the crow’s nest at the first sight of the New World.
- Watch as the Founding Fathers in the hushed, freedom hall pick up a quill pen to sign that parchment declaring to the entire world men had God-given, inalienable rights.
- Listen to bold, brilliant, benevolent men risking their all as they dig deeply the foundations of the greatest nation in modern history; the United States of America.
May all who read this book be motivated to maintain the foundations that sustain America. Isaiah 28:16, “Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation, he that believeth shall not make haste.”
Dr. & Mrs. Charles S. Harding
My wife and I count it a privilege to have been a part of the research for The Foundations That Sustain America. We were as archeologists, as we studied, digging at an American, archeological site for the time. As we explored deeper under the surface, we found artifacts linked us to the early years of American history. Carried back in our minds to Ellis Island in the 18oos, we could almost hear the voices of the many immigrants desiring to make America their home. We stood on Cole’s Hill as the Pilgrims buried their first deceased that initial winter and watched them wipe away tears of sorrow. We sat in the sitting-room of Mary Ball Washington’s home while she read to her children and grandchildren. We knelt in prayer with her on her Prayer Rock and sensed her urgency as she prayed for her son during the for Independence. Truly these were remarkable finds; comprising a sustaining foundation we will never forget.
Pastor & Mrs. T. Michael Creed
|Dimensions||6 × 9 × 2 in|